Fresh Bean Medley for the Fleet
- mixture of green, purple and yellow beans
- red and green chopped peppers
- sliced almonds
- Sea Salt
- ground black pepper
- olive oil
- toasted sesame oil
- Rinse the beans thoroughly, cut off the ends, then cut the beans into bite size pieces.
- Steam the beans in a double boiler for 6 minutes
- Heat some olive oil in a heavy skillet – use enough to cover the entire bottom of the pan.
- Saute the mixed red and green chopped peppers.
- Sprinkle sea salt and ground black pepper to taste over the chopped pepper pieces as they cook.
- When the pepper pieces start to look translucent add the sliced almonds and continue to saute until the almonds are golden brown.
- Now toss in the beans.
- Sprinkle toasted sesame oil over the beans as they start to saute with the other ingredients.
- Add more sea salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Keep stirring for about a minute then turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a bowl and toss the mixture a more few times.
- Serve as a side dish for dinner or eat them right out of the bowl as super munchy snack.
Secret Recipe for Egg Foo Young
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup diced scallions
- 1/4 cup diced bamboo shoots
- 1/4 cup diced water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup celery
- 1/2 cup cooked diced chicken
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- cooking oil
- Crack eggs, discard shells and beat lightly
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and stir
- Heat cooking oil in pan until it sizzles
- Drop egg mixture by large spoonfuls into pan forming little pancakes
- Flip pancakes when egg has congealed
- Cook on both sides until a light golden brown
- Transfer to platter and repeat until mixture has been used up
- Serve immediately
Eggplant -aka- Aubergine
- eggs (beaten with water or milk)
- olive oil
- grated parmasean cheese
- Mix breadcrumbs with rosemary, oregano - add salt & pepper to taste.
- Layout flour, eggs and breadcrumbs in shallow dishes for dipping.
- Cut off ends of eggplant and slice into pieces 1/4" to 1/2" thick
- Cover in flour, dip in egg, coat with breadcrumbs
- Place on greased cookie sheet, drizzle olive oil on top and place in broiler, check and remove when brown, flip over and drizzle with oil then return to broiler until brown,
- sprinkle cheese on top and serve